05 Aug NOLABA’s Louis David Named to New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute Class
Louis David, NOLABA Director of Business Development & Strategy, has been named among the New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute’s 2016-17 class. NORLI provides a nine-month intensive training program for emerging and established community leaders to promote regional cooperation.
NORLI provides a nine-month intensive training program for emerging and established community leaders. NORLI reps said their geographically, programmatically and demographically diverse program enhances their participants’ knowledge base and encourages deep, thoughtful and meaningful dialogue on the key elements of building and maintaining thriving and healthy communities.
According to Christe Brewton, AVP of Operations at University Medical Center New Orleans and Chairman of NORLI, “NORLI gives each class member a valuable experience. Time is spent networking with other regional leaders, learning about the challenges and opportunities of the New Orleans region, and further developing oneself as a leader.
“Upon completion of the curriculum, members of the Class of 2017 will join over 600 NORLI alumni serving as leaders and making an impact on a local scale and beyond.”
The NORLI curriculum examines public policy, education, workforce development, diversity, criminal justice, public safety, environment and sustainability and will focus on how all of these issues affect economic development and quality of life.
The class of 2017 comes from a variety of backgrounds and are expected to use their leadership abilities for the long-term benefit of the Greater New Orleans region.
• Amanda Aiken, New Orleans College Prep Charter Schools
• Mary Elizabeth Alvarez, M.D., Tulane University, Internal Medicine & Psychiatry
• Anthony Bonck, Peoples Health Network
• Vicki Bristol, New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau
• Philip deV. Claverie, Jr., Phelps Dunbar
• Jarrett Cohen, JECohen Holdings, LLC
• Kevin Cox, New Orleans City Park Improvement Association
• Louis David, New Orleans Business Alliance
• Tiffany Delery Davis, Liskow & Lewis
• Matt Dearmon, Entergy Corporation
• Royce Duplessis, Louisiana Supreme Court
• Elizabeth Ellison-Frost, Chalmette Refining, LLC – PBF Energy
• Elaine Garvey, Postlethwaite & Netterville
• David Hecht , Abri Design + Development
• Marshall Hevron, Adams and Reese
• Blake Heymann, Max Coupling & Hose Corporation
• Gretchen Hirt, Gambel Communications
• Ryan Kinler, DOW Chemical
• Kristen Koppel, Junior League & Valmont Realtors
• Loretta Lambert, Louisiana SPCA
• Christopher LeBato, IBERIABANK
• Andrew Lee, Jones Walker
• Emily Madero, The Idea Village
• Kristin Masoner, Entergy Louisiana
• Tracy Mercadel, Algiers Charter School Association
• Angela Morton, Mathes Brierre Architects
• Heidi Nuss, Odyssey House Louisiana
• Paula Peer, Trapolin-Peer Architects
• Amanda Rivera, Eskew+Dumez+Ripple
• Kia Robinson, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation
• Christy Ross, Baptist Community Ministries
• Judy Schott, Gilsbar
• Elizabeth Shephard, LifeCIty
• Kenneth Smith, Space & Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic
• Deborah Stagni, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
• Denise Thevenot, Louisiana Tax Free Shopping
• Sean Walsh, Eustis Engineering
• Michael Walshe, Stone Pigman Walther Wittmann
• Larry Washington, Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans
• Michelle Wedberg, City Year New Orleans
• Sharonda Williams, Fishman Haygood
• Kirk Williamson, Chester Development
• Matthew Wolfe, Greater New Orleans, Inc.
NORLI reps said their organization’s mission is to help promote regionalism. They said NORLI provides current and emerging leaders with a more thorough understanding of issues and an enhanced ability to collaborate for the greater good of the community.